Translate

Thursday, March 16, 2017

March 16 2017

Hey! I'm sorry It's been such a long time between posts. My computer charger broke, but I finally have a new one.

The other day, while walking to the computer store I witnessed one of the most beautiful sunsets in Ragusa so far.

I walked to the first bridge to get a wider view. 
My friend Natasha and I (with Natasha's glasses) getting coffee! She is from Serbia and part of AFS Intercultura. We decided to sit at Cafe Roma, underneath my apartment (where Maurizio works). First Nonna, walked by and said hi on her way home from church, then Zio Aldo, then Giogio on her way to run errands, and from a distance Zio Carmello waved on his way to the gym, and Zia Liz didn't see us when she got home. It's a lot of fun to live with the whole family, 


My sister is home for spring break, so I got to Facetime with the everyone!

The hero of the week has been Zio Aldo. When the charger broke, I posted on Facebook to see if anyone had one I could borrow or knew where I should go. Zio Aldo took it upon himself and did a ton of research for me. We went to the store together and then ended up ordering one from Amazon. To celebrate our victory we went and got sandwiches together.

Sunday, I spent the whole day with the rugby team. They won both games!

Facetime with my sister and Delaney.

For Pi day at school, we spent the whole day in the auditorium and each class gave a presentation about math or science. At the end there were giant bubbles. People brought desserts but unfortunately pie has yet to become popular in Italy and was not among the selection.

Sea urchins for dinner!

My first time at the Ragusa train station, it's right near my house and I had no idea. Nina came to visit from Siracusa, and tomorrow we are heading up to the beautiful island of Lipari!

1 comment:

  1. How was the sea urchin??? It is a delicacy on all of my cooking shows and is supposed to be delicious but I have never tried it.

    Zio Aldo rocks!!!! So nice to have family on both sides of the ocean.

    ReplyDelete