Translate

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

April 11 2017

Friday I went to Catania and met Auntie Jess, Uncle Brent, Adam and David who had come to visit me! For their family vacation they had gone to Rome, and then met me in Sicily. (Me and the boys in front of the elephant statue of Catania) 

A wonderful dinner out.

Saturday we took the bus back to Ragusa and I showed them around. 
Giogio was super generous and made us a large wonderful lunch.


Sunday I spent the whole day with the rugby team. We had a game in Piana degli Albanesi, near Palermo. It was four hours in the bus to get there and four hours back.

We drove through all of Sicily and the landscape was beautiful. If you look close you can see Mount Etna.

Piana degli Albanesi (Land of the Albanians) is a tiny little town of about 6,000 people. It was founded in the late fifteenth century by a group of Albanian refugees, and still maintains it's own specific culture. The whole community speaks their own unique dialect.  

We had a wonderful social with fire grilled sausages...

locally made cheese...

and dancing!
Yesterday was the first night of passover and I invited Giogio, Zia Graziella and Anna to celebrate and do a mini seder with me. I made some of the traditional foods, and even had Matzo balls because Auntie Jess brought me a mix.


My chicken marbella turned out great.

Chocolate Toffee Matzah.

1 comment:

  1. The chicken Marbella and Toffee look beautiful! You are such an amazing cook! The pictures with Jess, Brent, Adam and David are surreal. It is amazing to see you all together in Sicily.

    ReplyDelete