Translate

Thursday, April 13, 2017

April 13 2017

Wednesdays are always one of my favorite days of the week because I have my first two hours in 5F, where I have friends.


Because of spring break we only had three hours of school, so we went to the mall, where many people usually hang out.

We had a nice lunch with a big group from the class.  
After going home for two hours, to organize ourselves, a small group met up again to go to the movies. In Ragusa the second wednesday of every month is two euro movie night, so almost everyone goes. 



This morning was the first day of spring break, and the weather was beautiful outside. I decided to take a walk, and stumbled upon a long procession into the main church.


I don't know if it is possible for my host family to be anymore amazing or generous. Over winter break they casually dropped the news that they would be going to France for Easter. At first I was confused, was France a small little town in Sicily with a funny name? Would they be going for a few days while I stayed in Ragusa? No, I get to go with them! Tonight we leave for Milan and tomorrow morning we arrive in France. They have a time share house about an hour outside of Paris, right by EuroDisney (where I will be going on Tuesday!!!!). Anna is coming, we're meeting Davide in Milan, and Luca and Bruno will each be there for about half the time (Unfortunately they only overlap for a family lunch together).

If it is possible for things to get any better, the 19th when I arrive in Catania; I'll be picked up by a Rotarian, spend the the night in Siracusa, and then leave with all the Rotary students in the district for Rome! After a whirlwind of travel I will be back in Ragusa on the 25th with lots of photos and stories to share on my blog.


1 comment: