Translate

Sunday, November 13, 2016

November 13 2016

On Friday the two of the best mothers in the world worked together to make my day. My amazing mom sent me a package from the United States. It arrived the day that Giovanella was leaving for Dubai and I was going back to the Francone's house for another awesome week. Wonderful Mom Number 2 (Giovanella), surprised me at school with the package before going to the airport, and also put 20 euro in my diary just in case I went out with friends this weekend and needed a little extra money.
Trying to wait for English class to finish before opening my package.

My favorite items from the package. A Minnesota loon that makes the bird call, A super soft shirt that says "The Wilderness is Calling", and a bit of my favorite Halloween candy!
Saturday morning I woke up to Wonderful Mom Number 3, Concetta, asking me if I wanted to go to school or stay home to help her and Nonna make Arancine. I chose cooking school.




After preparing all the arancine to be fried later that night, we met up with Concetta's sister to go to a market in Vittoria. We walked around and looked at shoes and clothes. Concetta being one of the sweetest people ever bought me a warm onesie! 



Later a few of Matilde's friends came over to eat the arancine, and then we went out. 



This morning I shared an american recipe (but much much simpler) and we made pancakes. Their defiantly not the same with out blueberries or maple syrup, two items very hard to find in Ragusa. We then had lunch with some relatives that finished with some cannoli with homemade filling. 







2 comments:

  1. I can't wait for you to make arancine and cannoli when you get home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to a cooking lesson when you return.

    ReplyDelete