Translate

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

November 29 2016

The past few days have been very chill. My life always seems to have very fast paced periods and then very slow periods.

Yesterday was my three month anniversary of arriving in Sicily. I have been having a great experience, but of course there are low points. At times it is hard to be constantly surrounded by newness and I just want to feel familiar with something, whether it's a person or what we are eating for dinner.

One of the things I have been struggling with is making friends with my classmates. Everyone is sweet and nice, but I haven't felt like I've made very strong connections. It's hard to infiltrate a group that has been bonded together for the past four years.  Everyone is busy studying after school, and some of the people I feel closest to live in a different town. There aren't any exchange students to hang out with, and none of my host siblings live at home. Thankfully I have Matilde and her family, but I don't see her as often as I would like because we go to different schools.

In all the orientations they say not to spend too much time alone or at home. It's a little frustrating because I don't feel like I have many options. Joining after school activities has been hard because there are not many, and I am constantly out of town. I go on walks when it is nice out, and I do yoga in my room and draw a lot and I've been looking into different gyms.

 For the most part and the majority of the day I am happy. I know I'm doing my best.

1 comment:

  1. This experience is making you so strong but clearly, it is not easy. I wish that I can hug you.

    ReplyDelete