Translate

Sunday, November 20, 2016

November 20 2016

Yesterday I got to spend some time with other exchange students. I am the only Rotary exchange student in Ragusa, but there are 12 in Syracuse. Nicolas from Germany, Claire from Michigan, Sabrina from Brazil, and Nina from Taiwan, came down from Syracuse to be apart of the presentations we gave to the scientific high school (my school!) and the language high school about applying to be a Rotary exchange student. Puci, one of the rotarians did most of the talking, and we introduced our selves and talked a bit about where we were from and our experiences. While I was talking I mentioned that next week I would be starting a few new lessons with different classes. After the presentation a group of kids found me and told me they were one of the classes I was going to be joining next week!



Later that night Matilde and I went to see the new Harry Potter movie "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them". It was really good! There were a few parts that Matilde had to explain to me at the end since we watched it in Italian but for the most part I knew what was going on.



This morning I got to sleep in, which was an especially good thing since I was feeling a little sick. I woke up to a beautiful day and decided to take a little walk in the neighborhood. Every other Sunday there is a little market on my street which is fun to look at.



Everyday when I walk to school I say hello to Maurizio who owns the bakery below our apartment. Today I had some time, so I walked in to say hello and catch up. He gave me a cappuccino with cinnamon on the house!


After finishing my delicious drink I continued down the street and met an adorable St Brenard named Beethoven. I then decided to go to one of my favorite places in Ragusa, the park and river basin. I really miss the nature of Minneapolis and the park and river basin are full of trees. The sad thing is that when it comes to the environment so nobody seems to be taking care of the river basin so it is eroding and full of litter.  But there was a nice man named Salvatore and his dog Puma. Usually when I see dogs in Ragusa I get a little sad because I know there isn't much green space for them to play in. But seeing Puma play in the green space made me happy.








1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day. You are becoming a local...wondering the market, chatting with the cafe owner (and getting a cappaccino) and playing with puppies. Nice, quiet and low key.

    ReplyDelete