Translate

Friday, November 18, 2016

November 18 2016

After over a week of planning and organizing, I host my early thanksgiving dinner. I've never really cooked before but I wanted to do something special for my classmates, so I went all in. I prepared turkey, corn bread, mashed potatoes, green beans, cranberry sauce, and pumpkin cake for over 20 people. It was especially nerve racking cooking the turkey but it turned out perfect!

I was so happy I asked my best friend Matilde to help she was so sweet and kept me calm the whole night and knew exactly what to do with out asking.

Everybody loved the food. When everything was on the table and everyone was settled down they all applauded me numerous times. The energy was so happy and festive, making the effort completely worth it. My classmates surprised me with a cake with an American flag on it, and even shoved a piece in my face! The cake to the face is pretty typical during birthday parties, but I wasn't expecting it for thanksgiving. It really made me feel like they were celebrating me and the effort I put in, in addition to thanksgiving. One of my classmates even told me it was "a form of initiation, so welcome".
I have more pictures but they are having trouble uploading, so this is what I have for now.
In the kitchen cooking.
The class!
Making the gravy. Photo credits to Matilde.

The food. Minus the gravy.
The guys.
The cakes.
Cake in the face.












1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous post and spectacular meal. You are amazing. I do hope though that you don't bring home the tradition of smearing cake in people's faces!

    ReplyDelete